This article explains how to install the Drone server for Gogs. The server is packaged as a minimal Docker image distributed on DockerHub.
The Drone server is distributed as a lightweight Docker image. The image is self-contained and does not have any external dependencies.
$ docker pull drone/drone:2
The Drone server is configured using environment variables. This article references a subset of configuration options, defined below. See Configuration for a complete list of configuration options.
- Required string value provides your Gogs server address. For example
- Optional boolean value configures Drone to authenticate when cloning public repositories.
- Required string value provides the drone shared secret. This is used to authenticate the rpc connection to the server. The server and agent must be provided the same secret value.
- Required string value provides your external hostname or IP address. If using an IP address you may include the port. For example
- Required string value provides your external protocol scheme. This value should be set to http or https. This field defaults to https if you configure ssl or acme.
Start the Server
The server container can be started with the below command. The container is configured through environment variables. Remember to replace the placeholder values below with the appropriate values.
Once your server is up and running you will need to install runners to execute your build pipelines. See our runner installation documentation for detailed installation instructions.Install Runners
You can login to your Drone server by visiting the server address in your browser. You will need to authenticate using your Gogs username and password. This is required because Gogs does not support oauth.